Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken rendang. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Rendang is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Rendang is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken rendang using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Rendang:
- Make ready 1 whole chicken (cut into pieces)
- Take SPICE PASTE:
- Take 12 shallots
- Prepare 4 garlics
- Make ready 2 cm ginger
- Get 2 cm galangal
- Take 2 cm turmeric (1 tsp turmeric powder)
- Prepare 2 tsp coriander seed
- Prepare 5 red chillies
- Get 1 tsp palm sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare OTHER:
- Prepare 4 kaffir lime leaves (tear)
- Make ready 2 lemongrass (white part only)
- Make ready 1 tbsp tamarind (remove seed)
- Make ready 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare Cooking oil
Steps to make Chicken Rendang:
- Use food processor or blender to blend all the spice paste ingredients into a fine paste.
- Heat oil and fry the spice paste until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and water. Mix well.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and tamarind.
- Add chicken, adjust the heat down (simmer), keep stirring and cook the chicken until it is tender (min. 30 minutes). Ready to serve.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken rendang recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!